Used from EDF frames to call named scripts (marked by a name, not a number).
StartScriptNamed(scriptname, selectvm, params, ...)
- scriptname: Name of script to call.
- selectvm: Virtual machine to use:
- (obsolete)0 or gamescript: no effect.
- (obsolete)1 or levelscript: no effect.
- 2 or acs: Action Code Script (inherited from Hexen). Currently the only supported script VM.
- params: Up to fourteen parameters for the called script function.
No examples given.
The semantic difference between PlayerStartScript and StartScript/StartScriptNamed is that the former considers the call as being made from a player weapon, while this is called from a map object. Currently only StartScript and StartScriptNamed can call ACS scripts.