CustomPlayerMelee is a parameterized player weapon codepointer. This codepointer allows construction of custom player melee attacks. Two major classes of attacks are possible: punch-style and chainsaw-style, depending on the parameters given.
CustomPlayerMelee (dmgfactor, dmgmod [, berserk [, deflection [, soundname[, range[, pufftype]]]]])
- dmgfactor: Damage factor. Damage formula is: dmgfactor * ((rnd%dmgmod) + 1)
- dmgmod: Damage modulus. (Clamped into range of 1 to 256)
- berserk: Berserk multiplier. (Default 0, x*damage when player is berserk)
- deflection: Select angle deflection type. (Default None)
- none = None
- punch = Punch-style deflection (player will face object)
- chainsaw = Chainsaw-style deflection (player will face object and be wiggled around)
- soundname: The "nice name" of the sound to play. See the sound EDF block for how to define this.
- range: The range of fire, as a floating-point value. Default: 64.0.
- pufftype: name of EDF pufftype to spawn when hitting walls. Default is the one designated for the current game.
A_CustomPlayerMelee(2, 10, 10, punch, punch, BulletPuff)
The Berserk multiplier can be applied to any attack, but that if it is 0, you will do zero damage when berserk! The Berserk multiplier should be 1 when no berserk bonus is desired.