Difference between revisions of "Linked portal"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
in-depth on .
Revision as of 16:25, 5 December 2007
Linked portals (development versions only) are a powerful feature which make it possible to connect two separate areas of a map via the floor/ceiling or one-sided linedefs, allowing the player to see, shoot, and even move seamlessly from one area into another. They are used similarly to two-way portals, apart from the fact that you can pass through them. They can be used to create 3D architecture and room-over-room effects, with very few limitations.
- 358 - Linked portal ceiling
- 359 - Linked portal floor
- 360 - Linked ceiling anchor
- 361 - Linked floor anchor
- 376 - Linked portal line (front)
- 377 - Linked portal line (back)
Refer to Zarkyb's Linked portals tutorial for in-depth information on usage.